Toetally Tuesday: Black and Yellow

We have a Toetally Tuesday post for today. It's been a while since the last one and I was inspired by the colors black, yellow, and white. It's getting to be spring time (although you can't tell based on the weather we're having here right now) and so I wanted something colorful and cheery. What is more cheery than yellow, am I right? I also needed to quiet the yellow down for work so of course...black.
I ended up really liking this design. It was cheerful and fun, yet totally work appropriate. It just makes me happy to look at! I hope you all have a great day -- with plenty of things that make you happy to look at!

6 comments

  1. That came out great! :) I never really thought about whether yellow was a work safe color. I know the one I have on now sure isn't! I need a nice yellow like that, which one did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah it probably wasn't the most work-appropriate nails...oh well! Certainly made me happy to look at them. The yellow I used was Rimmel London Round and Round in Circles. I think it might be the best yellow I have!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, I'll have to see if I can find that! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. always a treat for my day when you post something and i get to read it. this mani-pedi is sooooo cute and adorable. i really like how you placed flowers and how it came out. nice colors combo, even if it surprised me. i wouldn't have chosen yellow and black for a cheerful springy look but was interesting to learn about your toning it down trick. your last wish about happy things to look at is so sweet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you sweetheart! I used black to tone down the holo mani for work too remember?? It worked better in that case than in this one. I think the black made this design even louder!

      Delete
  3. This is SO STUNNING!! :)
    I love yellow and yellow and black is a fantastic combo :)
    I´m actually wearing a yellow/black manicure right now myself :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig