October means...BCAM

And by BCAM I mean Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Although we definitely do not need to spread awareness of breast cancer (who doesn't know about it really?), to do my part this year I decided to take some action. I researched and supported some legitimate cancer research and will transform my blog into a Parade of Pink. Many posts this month will feature a swatch of a pink nail polish in my collection and will contain information about breast cancer. 

However, I know that during October so many things become "Breast Cancer Support Products" and pink becomes THE color but be sure to do your research and make sure that the product or charity actually does support breast cancer. So many charities and corporations claim to sell products or collect money that benefits the cause but in reality there is little or no benefit actually given. Visit Think Before You Pink, a campaign of Breast Cancer Action ("the only national breast cancer organization that does not accept funding from entities that profit from or contribute to cancer") for more information.

So during this October, if you or anyone you know is a survivor or is currently battling breast cancer, I wish you strength, courage, and hope. You're not alone. And every bit of support helps.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig