I Wanna Polka...

Hello all! Welcome to my new blog: Nikki's Nail Files! I hope you enjoy what's to come (designs, swatches, posts, etc.) and will check back often and offer comments and ideas :)

polka dot manicure; polka dot tips; polka dot nail design; nail designs with multicolor polka dots

I love polka dots. I think they're so cute and playful and they happened to be how my nails were designed when I created this blog so I decided to use them as my very first blog entry!

Get this look: I started with a base coat of Orly Bonder and then followed with two coats of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Nourishing Nail Color on each nail.

For the tips I used a different color on every nail:
Thumb - China Glaze Shower Together
Index - China Glaze Pink Voltage
Middle - China Glaze In The Limelight
Ring - OPI Flit A Bit
Pinky - China Glaze Solar Power

After they dried I used a Kiss Brush-On Nail Art striper in black to make a line, made a couple China Glaze White on White polka dots on each tip, and finished with a coat of Orly Won't Chip.

I thought this was so cute that I did it on my toes too!


Plus, as a bonus, these are a few designs I had tried and taken pictures of before I started this blog. I thought I had more but these three are it :(


For the top (hot pink zebra tip nails) I started with a coat of Orly Bonder. Then I applied two coats of China Glaze Limbo Bimbo. I painted a little under half the nail Orly Liquid Vinyl and used Kiss Brush-On striper in White for the zebra stripes. Of course (no mani is complete without a top coat!) I finished up with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.

The single nail beach scene was something I tried that didn't really work out too well. I started with China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat. The first coat of polish was China Glaze Moody Blue. I then used China Glaze Frostbite as the ocean. For the design I used Wet'n'wild 423B as the sun, China Glaze Coconut Kiss as the sunset sky, Kiss Brush-On White and China Glaze In The Limelight as the palm tree. The island was China Glaze Chocodisiac. Topped it off with a coat of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.

The third is a design I did for my Mom before a zoo trip. It's my attempt at a giraffe design. I used an Orly Bonder base coat, two coats of China Glaze Chocodisiac and made the lines from Kiss Brush-On White. Nails were finished with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.

What do you think? What kind of posts would you like to see on Nikki's Nail Files? 
Let me know in a comment below :)

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig